Fire Awareness in Construction
Fire Awareness training is essential. All workplaces are at risk - faulty equipment and leads, overloaded sockets, lack of maintenance, misuse of equipment, poorly stored flammable materials, cigarettes not put out properly and arson are all common causes of fires at work.
Awareness is key - This training course helps to equip all employees with the knowledge they need to prevent a fire from breaking out. And, if the worst happens - it ensures they know what to do in the event of an emergency.
It explains how fires start and spread, looks at fire signs, covers fire hazards, explains what to do if you discover a fire, advises on safe evacuation and explains how to use the different types of extinguisher.
This fire awareness training also covers parts of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Planning on becoming a fire warden? We also offer Fire Warden Training!
Who is our Fire Awareness Training for?
Although fire awareness training is a legal requirement for everyone, our course is aimed specifically at construction workers and anyone working in construction sites. It is your employer's responsibility to make sure you undergo fire safety training.
Fire Awareness Course Contents
- The nature of fire - We explain the ‘triangle of fire’ and look into fire growth and development.
- Fire signage - Signage is incredibly important and can prevent disasters in an emergency. We look at all of the different types of fire signage.
- Fire hazards - There are many fire hazards on a construction site that may go unnoticed, we identify them and teach you about best site practices.
- Discovering a fire - This section teaches you what to do in the event of an emergency.
- Fire extinguishers - The different types of extinguishers and which fires they are appropriate for.